Student Achievements & Awards
Students Receive Awards and Honors from EECS
2013 Senior Academic Achievement Awards
- Benjamin Zerhusen, Electrical Engineering
- Brad Keserich, Computer Engineering
- James Moore, Computer Engineering Technology
- Amy Reilley, Electrical Engineering Technology
ECET Graduate of the Year 2013
Dejuan Graham, BS in Computer Engineering Technology
Professional Practice Recognition Awards 2013
- Kyle Craig, Computer Engineering
- Maxwell Thrun, Electrical Engineering
- Justing Best, Electrical Engineering Technology
- James Moore, Computer Engineering Technology
Captain W.G.H. Finch/Radio Club of America Award 2013
Provided through the generosity of Mr. & Mrs. C.E. Tholen and the Radio Club of America
- Timothy Bueno
- John Hickey
- Adam Lennartz
A. Dain Samples/Eta Kappa Nu Award 2013
Provided through the generosity of Mr. & Mrs. John Samples and family
IEEE Award 2013
Mantei/Mae Scholarships 2013
Outstanding PhD Dissertation Award
Dr. Li Shen, "Portable Multiplexed Optical Detection for Point-of-Care"
Outstanding MS Thesis Award
Antar Manchada, "A Design Methodology for Differential Power Attach Resistant Circuits"
Congratulations to this year's Senior Design Project Award winners!
Winners were chosen based on Tech Expo judging scores and faculty input. They are listed below in alphabetical order.
Senior Project Award Winners
- Intellibrella: The Smart Umbrella, Timothy Bueno and John Hickey, advised by Prof. Beyette
- Intellisense, James Best and James Pignatiello, advised by Prof. Haas
- iSO Based Voice Analysis Application for Speech Therapy, Kyle Lippert and Robert Pfister, advised by Prof. Zhou
- Seeketh.org, Vinson Butler, Charles Cox, and Brittany Jones, advised by Prof. C. Purdy
- Android USB Pillow Speaker Board, John Brady and Kayla Gillman, advised by Prof. C. Purdy
- PowerGenie™ by Sustain-A-Watt Energy, Rod Ghavami, Andrew Nguyen, and Jason van Vliet, advised by Prof. Rabiee
Dippy Aggarwal, PhD student advised by Karen Davis, made UC News headlines on “Green IT” the Theme of UC Research to Be Presented in Baltimore. She is among the top researchers to be featured at the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference, as she presents on this emerging new field. http://www.uc.edu/news/NR.aspx?id=16560
Matt Hagedon, Ph.D. student advised by Jason Heikenfeld, published a paper in the highly regarded journal Nature Communications entitled “Bright e-Paper by Transport of Ink through a White Electrofluidic Imaging Film.” This article made UC's top 10 list of most-read news releases for 2012. http://www.uc.edu/News/NR.aspx?id=16686
Computing Senior Project Ranks in Top 12 Nationally. In the Texas Instruments Analog Design Contest, Caleb Bluesummers, a Computer Engineering Technology major, and Mark Winterink, an Electrical Engineering Technology major, submitted their Footstrike Monitor senior design project, which won $1,500. http://www.uc.edu/profiles/profile.asp?id=17007
Ramesh Nair, an MS student in Computer Engineering, received an IEEE Computer Society Richard E. Merwin Scholarship. Only 16 students were awarded one this year! http://www.computer.org/portal/web/studentactivities/2012AprMerwinWinners;jsessionid=74323f13a5db368f7141fae08ef5
UC graduate Ahmed Shuja was featured in the Cincinnati Enquirer's EnterChange for his entrepreneurial work in high-power cooled LED lighting. View the story at http://enterchange.cincinnati.com/2011/10/08/will-we-grow-our-great-ideas
Partha Pratim Das, who is studying under Dr. Marc Cahay, won the best poster award at the 56th Annual Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials conference! Title: Evolution of anomalous conductance plateau in an asymmetrically biased InAs/In0.52Al0.48As quantum point contact in the presence of lateral spin-orbit coupling.
Zhen Hu, who studied under Dr. Raj Bhatnagar at UC, has started as a Postdoctoral Fellow and the University of North Carolina.
Dr. Daewoo Han, a Postdoctoral Fellow in Dr. Andrew Steckl's group, was awarded a grant by the UC's University Research Council for research support on “Controlled dual drug delivery using nanofibrous membranes produced by multi-axial electrospinning.”
Eric Kreit has been awarded the "Small Business Postdoctoral Research Diversity Fellowship,” provided by the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) and the National Science Foundation (NSF). This lucrative postdoctoral fellowship provides industry standard pay while the fellow is embedded in a small-business R&D environment. Eric is a PhD student and an NSF IGERT student working under Dr. Jason Heikenfeld.
ECET 2012 Graduate of the Year—Stephen Newland, BS, Electrical Engineering Technology
Herman Schneider Medal Nominee 2012—Ningjie “Jim” Chen, Electrical Engineering
Senior Achievement Awards 2012—
- Shea Watson, Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Rachna Goyal, Computer Engineering (CE)
- Maria Suarez, Computer Engineering Technology (CET)
- Stephen Newland, Electrical Engineering Technology (EET)
Outstanding Senior Design Project Awards
- Eric Schweiterman (EET), Nathan Petts (EET), PC Controlled Programmable Logic Interface
- Maria Suarez (CET), Steve Newland (EET), Jamie Rupe (EET), Inventory Receiving Project
- Jim Chen (EE), Swimming Fitness Counter
- Jorge Moscat-Pardos (CS), Chris Nixon (CE), Yemi Oyediran (CS), Twipolitico
- Josh Fuerst (CE), Rachna Goyal (CE), UCpp
Students, faculty, staff!
Please email your recent educational, professional, teaching, and research achievements to email@example.com.